CITY OF CAPE TOWN – JOB OPPORTUNITY
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of
employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
TRANSPORT AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY • INFORMAL NETWORK MANAGEMENT
SENIOR CIVIL ENGINEER (SENIOR PROFESSIONAL OFFICER) x2
4-YEAR NON-PERMANENT CONTRACT POSITION
TCOE: COMMENCING FROM R694 272 PER ANNUM • REF. NO: TDA 95/17
• A BSc/BTech degree or NHDip in Civil Engineering • 5-8 years’ appropriate experience
in the survey, design, construction and maintenance of general municipal civil engineering services
• Knowledge and use of relevant computer software packages • Registration with ECSA an advantage
• A valid driver’s licence • Must be available to start February/March 2018.
Key performance areas:
• Managing the compilation for schedules of candidate projects and needs-
based budgets for the maintenance and rehabilitation of roads and stormwater in informal settlements
• Coordinating the maintenance and management of the informal settlements tracks and local stormwater
network • Implementing projects for the provision of new and upgraded infrastructure for roads and stormwater
• Providing roads and stormwater input and guidance into informal settlement development approvals.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP
Portal (internal applicants).
Closing date: 8 December 2017.
Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
Visit our website at www.capetown.gov.za/careers
No late applications will be considered.
If no notification of appointment is received
within 3 months of the closing date, please
accept that your application was unsuccessful.