University of Stellenbosch Business School
Economic and Management Sciences
ICT, Bellville Park Campus
Senior Systems Administrator
- Managing and planning services, platforms and systems that support learning and teaching at Bellville Park Campus;
- Taking ownership of problems and ensuring that incidents and problems with the eLearning system and related systems are analysed and resolved according to ITIL standards;
- Ensuring that the eLearning and related platforms and systems are operated optimally;
- Providing monthly management information on the use and operation of the platforms;
- Building a vision of Learning Technology and investigating relevant developments;
- Determining and documenting needs: understanding user needs and processes and writing specifications for new systems, as well as enhancements to existing systems;
- Training sessions and workshops for academic and support staff in the use of Learning Technologies and the accompanying systems and platforms.
- A relevant NQF 8 qualification such as an Honours degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or a degree in Engineering;
- Excellent knowledge of Information and Communication Technology and an understanding of the learning process;
- At least four years’ applicable ICT experience;
- Proven knowledge of, or experience in the use of information and information systems to improve processes or solve problems;
- Proven computer proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook and SharePoint);
- Proven analytical abilities;
- Good communication abilities with proven verbal and written reporting skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to function independently as well as within a team;
- Ability to function under pressure without compromising accuracy;
- High-level organising ability.
- A degree in Information Science, or Computer Science, or Engineering;
- Four or more years’ service at a university;
- Project management experience;
- Knowledge of the Moodle eLearning system.
Commencement of duties: 1 September 2017
Closing date: 14 August 2017
Enquiries regarding this post: Mr. Keith Robain on 021 808 9460
Enquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources Client Services Centre on 021 808 2753
The University will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan, which acknowledges the need to diversify the demographic composition of the staff corps, especially with regard to the appointment of suitable candidates from the designated groups.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and e-mail address of at least three referees), must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post.
Apply online at www.sun.ac.za/english/careers
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.
The University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates.
Should no feedback be received from the University within four weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.