University of Stellenbosch Business School
Economic and Management Sciences
ICT, Bellville Park Campus Service Dest
Service Desk Technician
- Staff Administration (creating usernames, mailbox, voice mailbox, extension, TMS, group membership, etc.).
- Effective management of calls in Manage Engine (picking up, assigning, updating and closing of calls);
- Making sure SLA’s are met and correct/suitable solutions are applied;
- Providing relevant advice and regular feedback to Service Desk personnel;
- Weekly/monthly service call reports;
- Improving incident processes;
- Monitoring Manage Engine to pick up on trends;
- Escalating to Service Desk Manager or System Administration team.
End User Environment Management:
- Providing support for the SCCM end user environment (US Hardware and approving SU software);
- Automating/performing system integrity checks;
- Software rollouts and patch managements on desktops and notebooks;
- Software packaging and scripting;
- Building OS images.
- Experience in process management/improving incident processes;
- Ability to apply own knowledge and experience in order to resolve problems beyond available documentation;
- Ability to provide technical and knowledge-based input on more complex issues;
- Possessing scripting, software packaging and automation skills;
- Ability to identify tasks which requires automation and automating them;
- Good communication abilities with proven verbal and written reporting skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to function independently as well as within a team;
- Ability to function under pressure without compromising accuracy;
- High-level organising ability.
- B-Tech, or equivalent three-year post-matric diploma;
- MCSA, or equivalent two-year IT qualification;
- SCCM certification;
- ITIL Foundation (v3) certification;
- Five years’ experience in Systems Administration, or Service Desk environments, or in similar role (experience in a tertiary environment will be advantageous).
Commencement of duties: 1 September 2017
Closing date: 14 August 2017
Enquiries regarding this post: Mr. Keith Robain on 021 808 9460
Enquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources Client Services Centre on 021 808 2753
The University will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan, which acknowledges the need to diversify the demographic composition of the staff corps, especially with regard to the appointment of suitable candidates from the designated groups.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and e-mail address of at least three referees), must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post.
Apply online at www.sun.ac.za/english/careers
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.
The University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates.
Should no feedback be received from the University within four weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.