Do you want to advance your career in Aviation?
Then consider a move to Shoprite Checkers!
The Shoprite Group of Companies, based in Cape Town, is offering a once in a lifetime
opportunity to a suitably qualifed Pilot,
stationed in Windhoek, Namibia
The successful candidate will be responsible for the safe and economic operation and management of the aircraft
based at Windhoek Eros Airport. The aircraft is used in transporting company employees and consultants to
the company’s interests in Sub-Saharan Africa. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to; the efficient
management of right operations and safety, as well as right administration.
The role will demand unconventional hours and a strong sense of responsibility and professionalism at all times.
In order to qualify for the position, the successful candidate need to meet the following minimum requirements:
• Valid NCAA (Namibian) Airline Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL) (essential)
• PC12 Type Rating (Essential)
• Valid certifcates in the following:
– Aviation Medical Certifcate (essential)
– Crew Resource Management Certifcate (CRM) (essential)
– Dangerous Goods Certifcate (DG) (essential)
– Safety and Emergency Procedures Training (SEPT) (desirable)
Job-related experience for the light turbo prop aircraft (Pilatus PC-12):
• Flight hours Total Time: 3000 hours (essential)
• Turbine Flight Time: 1500 hours (essential)
• Time on Type: 100 hours Pilatus PC12 (essential)
• Experience in a corporate right department (desirable)
• Aviation Legislation and Flight Procedures (essential)
• General Aviation Technical Knowledge (essential)
• Jeppesen Flight Star (Flight Planning Programme) (desirable)
• Computer literacy – MS Office Suite – Word and Excel basic skills (essential)
• Problem-solving skills (essential)
• Communication skills (essential)
• Risk Assessment skills (essential)
Shoprite offers a market-related remuneration package.
Namibian citizenship is essential.
Applications should be submitted to Zerelda Abrahams at email@example.com by no later than
8 December 2017.
If you have not received a response within four weeks of the closing date,
please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
We reserve the right not to make an appointment.