The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
CORPORATE SERVICES • INFORMATION SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGY
BASIC SALARY: COMMENCING FROM R305 050 PER ANNUM • REF. NO: CS 58/17
- At least a 3-year relevant National Diploma
- A+, N+ & MCP Certificate or higher will be advantageous
- ITIL Foundation Certificate will be advantageous
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a distributed computing environment
- SAP CRM exposure
- Android mobile support exposure
- Exposure to Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager
- Microsoft Active Directory exposure
- A valid driver’s licence is mandatory.
Key performance areas:
- Provide technical support on mobile devices i.e. Android smartphones and tablets
- Configure and test android mobile devices
- Identify and troubleshoot faulty desktops\laptops\mobile devices and provide technical support to City of Cape Town Staff members
- SAP GUI support
- Hardware Support
- Technical support for Microsoft Windows 7 & 10 operating systems as well as MS office suite
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors to assist with printers and applications
- Advise users of hardware purchases that is compatible with City standards
- Resolution of calls received through IT Service Desk within a defined SLA
- Knowledge and skills transfer
- Configuring and support of 3G and wireless networks
- Must be contactable on private cellular device all hours
- Apply ITIL methodology
- Undertaking site administration tasks, including reporting, issue resolution, data and Information quality checking.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants).
Closing date: 18 August 2017.
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at www.capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within 3 months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.